Monday, November 21, 2016

You Were Meant to be Happy


Aloha!

Tomorrow is transfer day for all of the missionaries.  We get new companions and go to the new area that we are assigned to serve in.  It is really exciting.  I am still going to be in the student wards of BYU-Hawaii, but they will be a different group of wards than they were last transfer.   It's actually kind of funny because there are about 20 wards full of married and non-married students at BYUH.  As missionaries, we split it all up into 4 different areas with 5 wards each.  After next transfer I will have served in every single ward at BYU-Hawaii.  I basically lived my mission on that campus and I have to say I wouldn't have had it any other way.  I love that campus.  I love the students.  They have changed my life as much as anything else on my mission.  They taught me about happiness, just by their examples.  I know true and lasting happiness is possible because of our Savior Jesus Christ.  I couldn't be more thankful.  

I forgot to mention, my new companion will be Sister Nunez! I explained a bit more with the photos I attached.  I am really excited though.  She is someone who will help me finish my mission strong.

This week was full of scheduling again.  I will share one little miracle though...  

So this week I had the opportunity of taking this newlywed couple on a tour.  They were both Christian and very nice.  The allowed me to explain my personal belief in Christ and also in the Book of Mormon.  I was able to tell them how I came to know for myself that it is true.  Primarily I explained that I could always turn to it's pages and having an overwhelming feeling of peace. This feeling comes from the Spirit of God. I have also come to know of God's love for us, His children, of the Plan of Happiness that he has set in place for us.  I know we are here on this earth to grow and progress.  We are here to feel joy, to have families, and prepare to return to live with God again.  As I explained my feelings to them and bore my personal witness, the feeling of peace that I had felt was felt by them.  They declined an invitation to learn more, but I know they felt something while they were visiting the Laie Hawaii temple that they will not forget.  It's those little miracles that make it all worth while.  I love being a missionary.

Well, I have doubt God loves all of you, so when tough times come, know it is for your good and growth. You were meant to be happy.

Have a wonderful week!!

Sister Lindsay Evans


Photo 1 - It's that time of the year again. The Elders and Sister of the Laie Zone all pitched in and set up about 15 Christmas trees in the Visitors' Center last Saturday. 
 Photo 2 - My almost new companions! The original transfer news we received is that I would be in a trio with Sister Pluim (left) and Sister Staheli (right).  They are both fairly new. Well, that is not the case anymore, but I still love them both to death and can't wait to hear about all of the miracles they will be a part of.
 Photo 3 - Sister Nunez from the Philippines will be my official companion for these last few weeks.  She is so great. She was supposed to train a new missionary, but the new missionary had a few visa problems and will not be coming until later so it was decided that she would get me as her companion.
 Photo 4 - Sister Walker is leaving tomorrow!  WOW!  We came out together and now she is heading home to Idaho.  I can't say I am too sad because we will be rooming together starting in January, but I sure so love her and look up to her.  She just shines.  Wishing her all the best.  I bet the Walker family can't wait!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment