Monday, November 14, 2016

Life is Good

Aloha!!

Wow. Life is so good.  It is hard, no doubt, but we are so blessed.  

This week Sister Wu and I have been eating dinners with the couples in our BYUH Married Student 2nd Ward.  The other 4 wards we cover are Young Single Adult (YSA) Wards, so we rely on the married student to feed us. Every time we eat a meal with them we always share an uplifting spiritual message and this week we shared about the restoration of the church and gospel of Jesus Christ each time.  It is so amazing to recount the stories of the ancient Biblical prophets and the ministry of Jesus Christ.  We go on to explain how God is unchanging and how He continues to call prophets in these last days - the first one being Joseph Smith.  Joseph Smith was given the priesthood or power and authority of God and it still exists in this church today.  It allows us access to all that Jesus Christ did for us - His perfect life, His suffering the penalty for our mistakes, His death, and His resurrection - and because we have this access, we can be happy and be filled with lasting peace.  One of my favorite scriptures says, 

"I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received into heaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness." 

These are the blessings that can be ours.

Okay here are some really great things this week.  About a month ago I set various goals for the remainder of my mission.  One of them was to see a family baptized.  Well, back in spring I had the opportunity of meeting a convert to the church who came into the Visitors' Center.  He actually used to be anti-Mormon, but ended up marrying a member of the church.  They never talked about it, but through many small, but meaningful experiences, he was able to feel in His heart that the teachings were good and true.  He was eventually baptized.  I asked him if he knew anyone whom I could share a spiritual message with and he referred his dad and his sister, Ann.  At the time, neither of them were interested in the church.  

I could never get a hold of his dad an after a few attempts I finally contacted Ann.  She didn't sound very interested, but accepted an invitation for me to teach her more. I sent her a few spiritual messages, but I couldn't get a hold of her until May when she told me her and her husband, Brandon, were progressing towards baptism.  Whoa!  This last week I received a picture Ann, Brandon, and there two little boys at their baptismal service.  So special.  I know I didn't have to do much with teaching them, but their baptism was certainly a tender mercy from God and an answer to my prayers. 

I could share so many more miracles if I had them time.  C'est la vie.

God, our Father in Heaven, lives loves you all.  I don't just believe it, I know it.  

Much love and aloha,

Sister Lindsay Evans

P.S. Sheri Dew visited us this week and it was amazing!  Sister Walker, Lundgren, and I sang a lovely arangement of How Can I Keep From Singing? with Sister Wu at the piano.  I will have to write about it another time. 


Photo 1 - How is this for missionary attire?
 Photo 2 - Dinner with the Purevdorj Family.  Brother Purevdorj was previously Elder Purevdorj, one of my first Zone Leaders!  He made us Mongolian food​.  He and his wife are really funny as well and it was great to be with them.
 Photo 3 - Tonga (Right) was baptized this week! Siope (Tonga's uncle) and Jade are some of my favorite people.  We would always share messages with them when I was first on my mission.  They were always filled with the Spirit and whenever we would leave Siope would say, "Sisters! ...You forgot your wings."  So sweet.  Siope gave a talk on the Holy Ghost or Holy Spirit at Tonga's baptism.  It was a very happy day and a very meaningful experience for me.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment