Monday, October 31, 2016

BIG Surprise!



Aloha!

Muumuus - My mom sent me a question about why I was wearing a pink muumuu in one of my pictures... Well, they don't have enough blue muumuus, so we went to pink while we were waiting for the red ones that the tour guides have.  Then they decided that they don't want us to look like them at the PCC so we are now officially going to be wearing our VC muumuus (the long, light-blue ones) at the PCC.  The way we will differentiate between PCC Sisters and VC Sisters is by a yellow lei that the PCC Sisters will wear.  Just thought I would let you all know.  We a fashion show in our Visitors' Center Training Meeting to decided what kind of lei we wanted. Not everyone loves yellow, but it looks bright and happy... and our message is bright and happy! So we decided to go with it.

So we had a BIG surprise yesterday. All of the Visitors' Center gathered in the theater where we usually meet and were told by Elder Swinton that in a few minutes Elder Niel L. Andersen of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles and his wife Kathy Andersen would be here to visit with us.  Sure enough, they came and Kim B. Clark and well as the Tanners from BYU-Hawaii came with them.  They didn't stay long, but he encouraged us to share our light with all of those we meet in the VC.  He said they would never forget us - not because of us, but because we represent Jesus Christ.  We carry a big responsibility.   His wife spoke to us as well and the spirit she carried with her touched my heart.  She is so humble.  It was a treat to hear from them both.  I know that Christ's church is restored to the earth and that we are blessed to be guided by prophets and apostles as God's people were in biblical times.

Food for thought this week [I spoke in church about this]:  "Accountability is a fundamental part of God's eternal plan."  [PMG p.150] Why?

Make sure you are fully partaking of all the good that God has in store for you! Love you all!

Sister Lindsay Evans


Photo 1 - This is Jorin and Annie. They are actually from Hawaii and are both members of the church and the best of friends. Life can be hard sometimes, but they help each other stay strong in the gospel. We committed them to reading their scriptures daily. This small change will make the biggest difference for them in small ways.  For me it helps me to make decisions and be happy.
 Photo 2 - This is sweet Makayla. She is from Switzerland and so kind!  She speaks German and a bit of English.  I was able to show her around the Visitors' Center and introduce her to the gospel.  I offered her a Book of Mormon and she said she would try to find one in Switzerland instead.  She didn't want to learn more by staying in contact with me, but she said, "I think I will have to think about this.  My life might change."  You have to love those moments as a missionary.
 Photo 3 - Sunday Sushi. I have to admit it is one of my favorite things to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment