Tuesday, October 25, 2016

In the Service of Your God

Aloha everyone!

It has been a crazy week!  We had exchanges and interviews with President Bekker and a full-day Mission Leader Council that we had to attend.  We have been busy.  One of the more exciting things we did was pick up a new Sister named Sister Sicotte [sea-caught... no pun intended].   She came part way into our transfer because she was learning mandarin in the MTC.  She studied it in high school, but is actually a native English speaker.  She is so confident and already doing great!

As I was emailing family this week I thought about the scripture in the Book of Mormon that says, 

"I tell you these things that ye may learn ... that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God."  

Many people think of the phrase "in the service of your God" and interpret it to mean that we are serving God by serving others.  I believe that is true! But I personally like to think of the phrase meaning that when you are "in the service of your god"  you are doing the service that God would be doing if He were here.  Isn't it true?!  That is His nature!  He would be serving His children.  God is loving and charitable and always turning outwards.   As I do the work of the Lord here in Hawaii I think of My Missionary Commission which states,

"[God] is my master. He has chosen me to represent Him; to stand in His place, to say and do what he himself would say and do if He were personally ministering among the very people of whom He has sent me. My commission is . . . to be a living modern witness in word and deed of the divinity of His great and marvelous latter-day work. How great is my calling!"

I love what I do.  I know that God lives and that Jesus Christ is the Savior of all mankind.  How grateful I am to know of the reality of the simple and wonderful truths.

Much love and aloha, 

Sister Lindsay Evans


Photo 1 - We had to wear pink muumuus for a few days.  Also we got a Korean guest card!
 Photo 2 - Sister Tu'avao and a classic picture of the Chinese tourists.
 Photo 3 - Sister Evans, Sicotte, and Swinton + double scoop waffle cone.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment