Monday, September 26, 2016

It's Not About You!

Aloha!

To keep it short and simple, this week has been amazing!  When you get closer to the end of your mission, it is really easy to not know how to feel and even feel negatively about returning home.  Above everything else this week I have felt gratitude!  My mission has been amazing so far and I still have a few more months!  I am so blessed!

We have had lots of meetings this week.  They were all amazing.   We also, of course, had many miracles.  One of mine happened on a day that I was not particularly satisfied with all the "tours" I had given in the Visitors' Center.  During the last large wave of guests I prayed so hard to find someone who was prepared to hear our message.  I also prayed that I would be able to teach them what they needed to hear.  My "tour" was simple.  It was not elegant or well put together, but it is not about that anyway.  The miracle for me was that they felt the Spirit of the Lord touch their hearts.  They ended up leaving their information and I will get to follow-up with them soon.  Amazing. :)

Spiritual thought:

Everything we do before we enter the temple [faith in Jesus Christ, repentance, baptism, and receive the gift of the Holy Ghost] is focused on ourselves and our own personal conversion.  Everything we do within the temple [baptisms for the dead, endowments (where we learn of God's plan and make promises to follow His example of love and service), and bring sealed to our family forever] is focused on others. The promises we make in the temple are higher promises because they teach us to live as Christ lived and give everything we have for the benefit of others. This is what I try my best to do as a missionary.  This is why missionaries are so happy, but I know that this happiness is not conditional upon full-time missionary service.

Love you all! Aloha!

Sister Lindsay Evans


Photo1 - Sister Walker has been asking me to eat these ice-cream bars with her for weeks and I finally agreed.  So yummy!
 Photo 2 - Elementary school activities in Laie.  Does this town get any better?
 Photo 3 - After a really great exchange we all got back together and couldn't stop laughing.  You can be an obedient missionary and still have tons of fun. It's true!  The same goes for being a Mormon!

No comments:

Post a Comment