Tuesday, August 30, 2016

"It's a Miracle!"



Aloha everyone!

Apparently my email did not send last week so I am just going to forward it on again and combine it with this week.

(Last Week) To answer my Mom's questions... Today I got up, went to our Visitors' Center Training Meeting (VCTM) in which we discussed the talk by President Benson entitled "Beware of Pride", we studied, we got banana pancakes at a local joint called Papa Ole's [Oh-lay], we napped, and here we are. 

Also, I was asked how we got 15 baptisms in August.  We are now up to 18, by the way.  Wow!  It all starts with the amazing Sisters we work with.  They meet people here in the VC or they contact them online. Sometimes they even contact us online!  If they are interested in learning more about our message, the message of Jesus Christ and His restored gospel, we are able to send their information to local missionaries.  After they are sent we are the "support teachers".  We check up on them to make sure that the missionaries have visited them and that they are progressing spiritually.  Sometimes we lose contact with them because they never answer the phone/text/etc., which is unfortunate, but sometimes we get to see it all the way through.  In the words of Sister Swinton, "It is a miracle!"

It has been another amazing week, of course.  That includes the hard days.

Interviews with President Bekker went really well.  I really felt as I was talking to him that he is my Mission president and he is called by God.  I can tell he follows the Spirit in everything he does.  I felt so much peace.  I know we are so blessed to have him.  Sister Walker and I also enjoyed grading the missionaries' Area Books and Daily Planners while they were in their interviews.   We were wrapped in blankets the whole time because it was so cold.

We had our last exchange on Thursday.  We are done!  Partially we feel relieved, but mostly we feel so very grateful for the Lord's goodness in our lives.  We can see and feel how much He loves these Sisters. 

We are now going to be preparing for next transfer - an equally busying task, but in a different sort of way.  Lots of scheduling.  Should be good!

Our Mission Leader Council yesterday with all of the Zone Leaders and Sister Training Leaders was so inspired.  It was exactly what the missionaries in the Laie Zone and Visitors' Center need right now.

I know that the Lord is aware of his people. Focus on him.  Don't look down.  He is with you, on your right hand and on your left.  He loves you.  Your Father in Heaven loves you.  I know this is true.

(This Week) Very busy week of scheduling things so that they work smoothly the next transfer.  Making our big VC Schedule is like playing an advanced game of Sodoku.  Sister Swinton joked this week that, "(my) brain is like a little computer".  It has been wonderful to see God use my gift of a keen/alert mind to bless the lives of others.  I didn't know I was blessed with it, but God did and he assigned me to the perfect mission.  I know he knows each one of us perfectly and will place us in the place where we can have the greatest impact for good, if we let Him.

One of the most fun things that we did this week was create a video for the Sisters telling them their transfer news.  It was so much fun!  All of the Sisters reactions make it even better.  Watching them scream for joy about their new assignments just makes you want to laugh.  We have a good group of Sisters who would do well in any assignment. 

The church is true!  We need it!  We are so blessed to have our faith tried again and again that we can receive a further witness of God's simple and happy truths.

Love you all! Aloha!

Sister Lindsay Evans


Photo 1 - Cleaning the brig of the U.S.S. Missouri.

 Photo 2 - Locked up. Should've cleaned more thoroughly I guess . . .
 Photo 3 - Last exchange making kimchi fried rice especially for Sister Kim.  It has become one of my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment