Wednesday, July 13, 2016

26 Years!

Aloha!!

An amazing week as usual!

We are preparing quite a bit for the next transfer and our work will speed up before the transfer is done.  

I want to tell you all a story about small and simple things.  It is about a Korean man named Jason. He came here one week ago with his family including his grandkids.  He came up to me and told me that he was here 26 years ago.  At that time he was not a member of the church.  Many years earlier he had promised his wife that after they were married he would become a member of the church.  he never joined.  On a trip to Hawaii his wife asked him if they could at least go take a picture in front of the temple. "That's easy enough,"  he thought.   That was 26 years ago.   When they got home he mounted the picture and hung it in there living room.  For 16 years he got up and went downstairs on his way to work and he would see that picture.  Seeing it again and again caused him to reflect on that promise he had made to his wife so long ago. Eventually he decided to meet with the missionaries which eventually led to him joining the church.   I asked him what the difference was between before and after he became a member of the church.  In broken English he said something like, "I used to think that life was about worldly things. You drink, you sing, you dance. Now I have purpose received from God."  I felt so blessed to hear about his story and his current family and take their second picture in front of the Laie Hawaii Temple.  

That is my happy story of the week.  Keep up those small and simple things everybody.  The Lord lives and your prayer will be heard and answered in His good time. 

Aloha!!

Sister Lindsay Evans


Photo 1 -  Last week on Pday Sister Walker and I decided to go on a hike.  From what she remembered it would be maybe 30 minutes and easy.  Well, it was actually about two minutes so we made up for it today.  We hiked for two hours this morning and it was beautiful!!
 Photo 2 - 26 years later . . .
 Photo 3 - My previous companion, Sister Hamano, is headed back to Japan this week.  She is a wonderful missionary and truly my sister.  She is coming back to school here soon, but I will still miss her! 

No comments:

Post a Comment