Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Don't Miss Out!



Aloha!

What a wonderful and long week it has been.  On Monday I woke up thinking it was P-Day, but no.. I still have P-Day on Wednesday.  Let me just share with you a few thoughts and stories...

This week I got a referral for a lady from mainland China. She said, "In my country they tell you not to believe in God, but many people in the young generation do.  Now that I am older I think I believe in God too."  Wow!!  She took a Book of Mormon and I handed her the referral card.  She knew I couldn't keep in contact with her, but it didn't seem to matter. She even left a referral for her husband. The Spirit was very powerful. More and more mainland Chinese are coming to the VC every day.  What an amazing miracle to see. This small place on a small island with a small temple is a very large gateway to opening the doors of mainland China to the gospel.

Fun moments - There was one girl from the PCC who asked for my autograph on a temple card she took with her.  There was another 9 year old boy who was passing me at the PCC and said, "Do you want a lei?  I have one that I don't need."  "Sure." I replied. I bent down, he put the lei on over my head and he was off to his next activity. So precious!

My spiritual thoughts for this week revolve around supporting those who are called by God.  Here is one of my favorite quotes... "God doesn't call those who are qualified; He qualifies those whom He calls."  Being in leadership at the VC right now, I can relate strongly to this quote, but I know it applies to many more people than just myself.  God has called people all over the world.  He has called a Prophet, Apostles, Mission Presidents, Visitors' Center Directors, Bishops, Relief Society Presidents, and so on. These people have been called by an almighty and all-knowing God. It is our responsibility to sustain [or support] them in their calling. Let's not stand idly by. Let's help them! Let's move this work forward! Let's ask for the Lord's confirmation of the divinity of their calling and above all let's be converted to the Lord, to His work, and to His gospel.

I can't adequately express my testimony in an email, but I know that this work is the work of God and I know that I don't want to miss out on it. God lives. Jesus Christ is our Savior. Of these things I testify in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

Have a wonderful week!
Aloha!

Sister Lindsay Evans


Photo 1 - Sister Penales, my trainer and former companion is training again. What that means is I have a baby sister, Sister Hernandez!  She is a wonderful missionary already.


Photo 2 - Elder and Sister Smith were so kind as to take us to lunch today at Lei Lei's Bar & Grill at Turtle Bay. It was so good! These two are some of our close friends here and they always seem to make us smile. 



Photo 3 - Sister Leng - the Cambodian Princess.  I always knew she was a wonderful missionary, but it wasn't until our exchange that I understood how wonderful.  You can really tell by a person's prayers [and more] their conversion to the Lord. I am so inspired by these imperfect, but converted Sisters. We are in this work together! 

No comments:

Post a Comment