Thursday, May 26, 2016

The Week 6 Mix



Aloha everyone!

I am emailing on Thursday because I am a Coordinating Sister here at the Visitors’ Center with Sister Walker.  What that means is that we are sort of like assistants to the Director and we have plenty of responsibilities.  This week on Monday we went to the Mission Leader Council with all of the other Zone Leaders and Sister Training Leaders.  This was the last one we will have with our current mission, President Warner.  We will miss him and Sister Warner. They have taught us a lot.  On Tuesday and Wednesday, President Warner came to the Laie Zone for interviews.  He has 15 minute interviews with each missionary and during that time we review their planners and area books and give them feedback as to how they could improve. It usually lasts from 9:30am to 4:00pm.  So, here we are on Thursday finally emailing home.

On last weeks P-day we had a neat experience when we went to the Fijian market place to get Thai food. While we were waiting for the food we walked into a small little shop and met a guy named Ammon who is a young adult and member of the church, but not active.  We talked a bit and I remember feeling this overwhelming need to testify to him of the truthfulness of this gospel.  My companion and I did.  I felt the love that God had for him.  Nothing grand changed in his life in that moment, but we left him one of my favorite poems that I have memorized. I is called good timbers.  “By small and simple things are great things brought to pass.”
                                 
On Sunday we got a new fellowshipper for an investigator we have an she was perfect!  Miracle!  Also we went to a return missionary fireside and of course, the whole thing ended up being about marriage.  It was really funny.  We felt a little out of place, but we were invited to go by our ward mission leader and we went.  I don’t regret it.  The stories were pretty funny and the messages were really uplifting.  The four pieces of counsel they gave to the young adults and return missionaries, I will give to you…



    Feast upon the words of Christ. Don’t just swallow it whole because your mom said you can't leave the table until you finish your food.  
    Pray. No vain repetitions.  You are speaking you your all-knowing and all-loving Father in Heaven. He wants to hear from YOU.
    Attend the Temple. 
    Always be preparing to invite someone to come to church. Be anxiously engaged in a good cause of your own agency and choice.




I know that the gospel is true.  I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior.  I know that we should not run faster than we have strength, but we should always be moving forward.  I know God loves me and that He loves you as well.  Stay strong.  It will all work out.

Much love and aloha,

Sister Lindsay Evans


Photo 1 - Blurry picture of dinner with a cute family.  I learned how to make Kimchi fried rice with them!



 Photo 2 - BBQ chicken salad.  Sister Walker and I have been trying to eat healthy.

Photo 3 - Friends from the Mission Leader Council.

No comments:

Post a Comment