Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Spinning Plates

Aloha everyone!

In Hawaii this week, my companion and I have been trying to balance a bunch of spinning plates.  You know how those people do that at the circus - they hold sticks and spin plates that are balanced on top of them?  Well, that is like life. Right now I am on a mission and balancing spinning plates of being there for the Sisters in the Visitors' Center, taking care of the students at BYUH, running errands/making schedules/doing chores to help the Senior couples, and taking care of the investigators we have online.  I don't know how we do it and this last week I wasn't sure we could do it at all.  As my companion and I reflected on our similar feelings we realized that the only way to balance these spinning plates is by relying on the Atonement of Jesus Christ.  It is clear that we can't do it alone, but He will help us.  Rely on His Atonement.  When you get home from a mission I know that the plates are bigger and you have all different sizes and shapes of things to balance.  I am grateful for this time I have to "practice" and prepare for that time as I focus on my mission, but for all of you that are home I want you to know that everything can be balanced.  Prioritize the gospel and everything else will fall into place.  You have the guidance of a loving Heavenly Father. He may not tell you the answer right away, but He will guide you, sometimes slowly, to the answer you need to find. 

My investigators are doing well. We are making dinner with one of them from mainland China tonight.  She is making Chinese food and we are making American food [potatoes and chili]. Hope she likes it!  

Love you all! Have a wonderful week!

Sister Lindsay Evans


Photo 1 - My Freshman Seminary teacher, Sister T!  It is so great to see her this week and especially within her own culture. Love ya!



Photo 2 - Mother's Day was just what I needed.  Family picture!


No comments:

Post a Comment