Monday, May 30, 2016

Choose and Remember

Aloha everyone!

I know what you are thinking - "Sister Evans sure switches her P-days a lot.... What is up with her?"  Well, not too much is up other than the fact that we have really crazy schedules here at the Laie Hawaii Temple Visitors' Center, especially in the leadership position that we hold.  After today my P-day will go back to being on Wednesday for awhile. 

These past four days have been full of preparing for next transfer. Sister Walker and I come up with all the schedules. We schedule the Sisters shifts, we assign the bikes and the cars, we assign the P-days, we schedule the Sisters' online time, and that it just the start of it all.  On Friday and Saturday we also spent a few hours preparing an exciting video with the Sisters' Transfer news.  Most of us change areas, but stay within the same zone for most of our missions. We make the video to make the news more exciting.  

On Sunday we taught four lessons.  I was so exhausted, but it was worth it.  All of them went well, but we had to drop one of the sisters we were teaching.  It was a little sad for us, but it was the right thing to do and I know that she is in good hands. Another one of the lessons we taught was two someone who had decided they did not want to meet with us, but ended up coming to church!  She still felt basically the same about our message, but it was a miracle that we actually got to teach her again.

VC miracles are happening all the time and I want to mention one.  More and more Chinese guests are coming to the Laie Hawaii Temple Visitors' Center.  I wish I had time to explain all the details, but I will just say this...  This VC is a gateway to opening mainland China for missionaries.  I feel so blessed to see this work coming to pass right before my eyes.  Whenever they come I just stand there with my Chinese Book of Mormon as they all take pictures.  Some are interested and will even take it with them.  

Anyway, amazing stuff.  The gospel really is true.  My spiritual thought for the week...  Choose you battles.  AND... Remember who the real enemy is.
You can think about what that means to you.

I love you all!

Sister Lindsay Evans


Photo 1 - We made spam musubi this week - 6 of them!  Yum! 


Photo 2 - Finished product.






No comments:

Post a Comment