Monday, April 4, 2016

Life is Good!

Aloha my friends!!

Fun Facts!

At the VC we have Sisters who speak Spanish, Korean, Japanese, Cantonese, Mandarin, English, Cambodian, Tagalog, and Hmong. We used to have German as well.
On April fools someone fake proposed at the temple!! AH!  It's okay because she took it lightly, but he didn't escape without a few punches.

Updates...

I am not eating sugar and am generally trying to improve eating habits.  It teaches you self discipline, so naturally I am thankful for the challenge.
Also I love Asian food.. even kimchi!

The girl we taught before who committed to be baptized is still good to go.  She originally got our number from a member who found our number on LDS Tools. Random! She is learning more and last time we taught her a little bit about the Plan of Salvation. She is so sweet.  We are also officially teaching another Chinese girl from Tonga who speaks both languages. She is sweet as well.  It is such a blessing to be able to work with so many people.  That said, I should mention my wonderful companion. Sister Penales is so great. She works hard and she teaches me life-long lesson without even knowing it.  We are not the same and so we often talk together and figure out the best ways to improve and use our strengths.  She is someone I am grateful for.

My mom would like to know if I am enjoying the beauty of Hawaii.  Of course!  We go on hikes when we can, but you only have to step outside to realize you are in paradise. 

General Conference was amazing.  We watch the first session at 6am here.  I really loved President Monson's counsel to choose the harder right rather than the easier wrong.  It is going to benefit you in the long run and this whole life is basically about doing the hard things.  So do them! 

This gospel is true and this work is miraculous.

Aloha!

Sister Lindsay Evans

Photo 1 - Hawaiian Sunrise



Photo 2 -  Exchange with Sister Furukawa and Omurice - one of my Japanese favorites.  Underneath the srambled eggs is rice and veggies. I often joke around to the Asian sisters that my goal is to be Asian by the end of my mission.  I can't help it! I love the culture!


No comments:

Post a Comment