Monday, April 11, 2016

An Eventful Week for a Sister

Aloha!

This week was stressful, but let me give you the highlights...

[Crystine] our investigator who contacted us watched General Conference this week and loved it.  We prepared for her lesson and last minute we felt to take it in another direction.  When she showed up she said, "I was hoping to talk about Jesus Christ."  So were we!  She is surely being looked out for by her Father in Heaven.  We asked her to come to church.  She was busy, but without any effort on our part she said she would ask for days off.  We then encouraged her to pray before she asked her boss.  Man, she is great.

[Ling] our other investigator is so sweet!  She knows most everything about the gospel already and has faith in God.  We are encouraging her to develop even greater faith and take those steps that would allow her to feel His loving, peaceful influence in her life in even greater abundance. In our lesson our prayers were answered and were able to share what God wanted her to know.  I know God loves her and all of us. 

I went on an exchange with Sister Walker this week.  She is an example to me and I will tell you why.  She has no fear.  It's not that she is overbearing or overwhelmingly bold [in fact, she is one of the most loving Sisters I know], but that she testifies of Jesus Christ so powerfully at every opportunity she gets.  She is so calm. She never shies away.  Not only that, but her testimony of the truth is always so personal to the people to whom she is talking. 

Lastly, the Lord is hastening His work here.  We are all trying to keep up.  It's amazing. It's wonderful!  Sometimes, though, it is hard.  This is true, especially as a leader. This week the burdens were a little extra heavy on Sister Penales and I because of the changes we are making in the VC.  We are determined to press forward, but not without the Lord's help.  We both received a priesthood blessing from our beloved Director, Elder Swinton.  His wife, Sister Swinton, one of our closest friends was standing by.  I couldn't relate the full experience here and it would not be appropriate because it was so sacred to me, but I just want to leave you all with my witness of the Restoration of this gospel and of the priesthood.  The priesthood IS the power of God and it IS on the earth today.  We can all be recipients of the blessings.  I know that this is true.  I know that Jesus is the Christ, our Savior.  

I love you all.  I hope you have an amazing week!

Sister Lindsay Evans


Photo 1 -  This week I went on exchange with one of the amazing STLs we have here AND my MTC companion, Sister Walker.  Her District of missionaries has a Filipino District Leader.  If you are Filipino and you see the picture below you already know where this is going.  Well, he wanted to make for a more exciting District Meeting and had one person in each companionship blindfold their eyes and take a bite of mystery food that he had given us.  Balut was the mystery food.  Sister Walker and I both tried it.  Mostly it tastes like an egg.  The after taste kind of got me.  I wasn't brave enough to try the more developed parts [i.e. the head and beak that was in ours], but one of the Elders took courage and tried it.  He compared this, in a roundabout way, to the story of Peter walking on water and asked, "O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?"  Anyway, the message of faith was as great and the experience was memorable. Thanks Elder.



Photo 2 - Hawaiian Howlies [Hoale] with Polynesian length hair...


No comments:

Post a Comment