Monday, February 29, 2016

Trust in the Lord

Aloha!!

I LOVE being able to say that every single week.

This week the BYUH Devotional was given by our very own Sister Swinton of the Laie Hawaii Temple VC.  She was the one who wrote President Monson's biography and she boldly testifies of his true calling as a prophet of God every time that she gets the chance. It is always inspiring. In her devotional she focused on one of President Monson's favorite scriptures - Proverbs 3:5-6.  Like President Monson we ought to be putting greater and greater trust in the Lord, His will, and His timing.  I was reminded again that every single struggle we have to face in our life is to help us become more like Christ. Trust that. Look for the lesson he wants you to be learning. His plan is planned. It's already perfect. Trust that.

We had a "District Flood" this week.  No, not a real flood though it is almost rainy season and not uncommon here.  It is where the missionaries in our District all go to one companionship's area and knock doors in order to find more people for that companionship to teach. We didn't have large success, but we asked one lady who turned us down to answer questions for a made up survey.  It was good because it got her talking and even though she was not interested we made a friend and left a good impression on her... at least we hope we did (:

We did some training in the VC this morning about teaching on temple grounds and really following the Spirit. It sounds so simple and yet I am still working on it. Sometimes it takes slowing down and just listening. Trusting that God will help you to know what to say. And for me, trusting that the other people won't feel really awkward if I slow down a bit haha. It is a real struggle though.  I am learning though! I have been my whole mission and I intend on learning until the very end. A mission is a wonderful foundation for you life. You learn lesson after lesson and I know it is just what I needed to do.

I hope you are all doing wonderfully! Happy Monday! Trust in the Lord and He won't simply direct your paths, He will direct them for GOOD!

Much love and ALOOOHAA!

Sister Lindsay Evans

Photo 1 - She played and played and played with my long long hair. 



Photo 2 - The Camerons are the only proselyting senior couple in our zone. They are really, really funny and have the sweetest hearts you've ever known. This was after the District Flood. They provided root-beer floats.



No comments:

Post a Comment