Monday, January 25, 2016

The VC is Like a Box of Chocolates




AloHA!

Another great week here in La'ie.  We have had some beautiful weather this week. I know what you are thinking... Yes, even for Hawaii! I am grateful to live by the ocean and hear the waves and wake up to lovely sunshine almost every day.

This week we welcomes in the new Visitors' Center Director and his wife.  They always work closely together and I love that.

This week we had two older guys walk into the VC wanting a tour. We asked them how they got there and they said that an app took them there!  It is called Gypsy and apparently led them straight to them temple.  Pretty cool!  That is a first!  They were 2 of many people we took on a tour this week, but they were pretty unique ones.  Also I met a girl on chat this week who I am now emailing back and forth.  She is so sweet.  She has a boyfriend on a mission and became interested.  This Thursday she will meet with local missionaries!  Exciting right?!

Transfer News!
I will be staying in my same area - YSA and 1 Married Student Ward -  with Sister Hamano.  This is good news. Sister Hamano is an example of joy, happiness, and a light heart.  I am looking forward to another peaceful and happy transfer.

Everyone, I know that God lives. Jesus is the Christ.  He is also my brother and my friend.  Families are SO important and they can be bound together eternally in temples.  I don't have words adequate to express my love and feelings for knowing these amazing truths, but I know that they are just that - true. I pray you will all find ways to increase the missionary work at home this week.

Much love and aloha!
Sister Lindsay Evans

Photo 1 - Another District Temple Trip [with only part of the District].  The temple is always amazing and I feel like I learn so much.  We are blessed to be able to go once a month here in the Laie Zone.  We usually go the to cafeteria afterwards and have some of the inexpensive, but wonderful soup and homemade bread.  Temple days are good days.
Photo 2  - IMUA - "to move forward".  Sister Andre is moving forward towards home in a few short days.  I have loved serving with her.  Having someone from your home Stake is always fun, but she was more than just a good friend.  She is such an amazing example of a dedicated missionary and loving servant of the Lord.  She will be missed, but I will see her all to soon.   


No comments:

Post a Comment