Monday, January 4, 2016

Happy New Year!

Aloha Everyone!

I've got almost no time so here are some cool things about last week...

  • I helped someone move a medium sized tree for service.  Another sister and myself did it alone and felt accomplished. 
  • More service -  we also helped BYUH Bookstore do their yearly store inventory.  We were scanning A LOT of bar codes and it was really fun.  When it came to book we were really fast.
  • We taught some of my favorite people to teach about tithing.  The member with us said that we are asked to give 10%, but really that is not very much.  It is our way of recognizing that it is because of God that we are blessed.  She also said, "God did not just give 10% of His son."  We should be willing to sacrifice anything God asks us to.  He is working or our good anyway. 
  • New Years Eve I watched Cokeville Miracle and cried pretty hard, which doesn't always happen.  I have such a strong testimony that our fmaily members on the other side are always aware of us and I was so touched by this story.  One angel in the movie told a boy to move to a window.  "All God asks of us is to read our scriptures," I thought to myself.  I highly recommend this movie. A little violent for kids though.
  • New Years morning we had a scavenger hunt.  We thought we were in first the whole time and then came in last haha.  Whoops!  It was so much fun though.  
Brothers and Sisters,  I know that God loves us so much. For many of your I have no clue what is going on in your lives, but I know that God is aware of you.  Nothing we can ever do will change His love for us and so many of His blessings are only conditional upon our asking for them.  God truly is our loving Father in Heaven.  Jesus Christ is our Savior. The little things we do can bring us closer to Him so remember to read scriptures, pray, go to church, etc.  I know this gospel is true and was restored by the prophet Joseph Smith.  All of this I can say and testify in Christ's name.  

I love you all!!
Sister Lindsay Evans


Photo 1 - Some of my lovely sisters. Companion to my right in white.


Photo 2 - Sun rising on a New Year in Hawaii.  Fun fact  - Hawaii has its own time zone... therefore it also has its own New Year! Pretty neat!



No comments:

Post a Comment