Monday, December 14, 2015

Six Months of Life-long Lessons

ALOHA!

Oh man, missions are the best.  I hit my six month mark this week [December 10th]! Crazy!  I have learned so many lessons during this time period and I am being prepared for my next adventure post-mission.  Don't get me wrong though, I am SO glad I have one more year to serve.  I am thankful for all that I have learned and will continue to learn. 

Some things I have learned are...
-Humility
-Diligence
-Obedience
-CHARITY & Love
-Patience
-Faith
The list could go on.  Am I perfect?  Far from it, but I am so grateful for Gods help in learning these important life-long lessons.  Also, you may notice that this list is very simple.  The gospel is simple too and oh so beautiful.  We all have different ways of learning the same wonderful lessons.  How has God taught you??  What is He teaching you now??

Yesterday a women walked up to me a few minutes before the VC closed and started talking all about one thing - peace.  I will never forget it.  She said that Satan can imitate so many "fruits of the spirit" such as joy and love, but he cannot imitate peace.  "That is the one thing, he cannot touch," she said.  She told me that she realized this on her mission in France and that she has studied it ever since and gave me a few insights such as three different aspects of peace.
  1. Peace with God - This comes from knowing who you are, a child of God, and knowing your purpose.
  2. Peace with Yourself - This comes from applying the Atonement of Jesus Christ.
  3. Peace with Others - This comes naturally in relationships when the first two are in place.
I am sure there is a lot more two it than that, but I just thought that was amazing.  Giving me peace has been one of God's greatest gifts to me and I loved her wonderful insights.  

How will YOU become more like Christ this Christmas season??
I promise you it will bring you more peace and happiness than anything else.

I love you all!  Mahalo nui loa [Thank you very much] to you all for supporting me on my mission.  I am truly loving it. 

-Sister Lindsay Evans


Photo 1 - I am losing my wonderful German companion this week!!  She is done with her mission and returning with honor. I will miss you Sister Merkel!


Photo 2 - Written by a little boy who came into the Visitors' Center.  On the topic of children, this week we were having lunch with a family who has a little boy named Ethan.   Sitting at the table, Ethan put his hands under the table.  "No hands!"  he said.  And then he would pull them out and start laughing.  He got such a kick out of it!  He kept laughing and laughing and before I knew it, I was crying.  It was the most pure sound I have ever heard.  There is no other way to describe it than pure joy.  I love children.  This season may we remember that the very founder of Christmas was a child himself.  

No comments:

Post a Comment