Monday, December 21, 2015

Mele Kalikimaka!!

Aloha Everyone!! And Mele Kalikimaka!!

Can you believe it is almost Christmas?!  This year has been so wonderful and I am so grateful that for me half of it has been on a mission and serving Jesus Christ as well as the wonderful people of Hawaii.  What part of 2015 are you grateful for? :)

In YSA right now the wards are combined because so many went home for Christmas.  The work is going well too.  We had another of our wonderful friends to whom we always teach lessons come to church.  She is so sweet.  I think something that helps people to keep commitments is to read the scriptures with them.  The scriptures truly invite the spirit into our lives and they help build a desire in us to follow the Savior.  

Christmas insight?  I heard in church that everything about the Savior is humble and it all started with His humble birth.  Humility is an attribute of His that I am always trying to acquire.  I know it brings joy.  

Many members of the church here have been so kind this season and blessed us with gifts and love in so many ways.  They are so kind and such a wonderful example to me.   Help someone else this Christmas season and experience the joy and love that Heavenly Father has for His children.  

Also I have been thinking a lot about virtue.   I have the strongest testimony that when we have virtue we will have the ability to be confident in the presence of God.  Virtue can have a lot of different meanings, but I want to invite you to come up with a definition for YOU.   For me it is having thoughts and desires that are worthy, positive, uplifting, loving, and so much more.  It is thinking as our Savior would about our daily lives and this wonderful Plan of Happiness and Redemption.  

I sincerely wish you all a Merry Christmas from Hawaii!
Aloooooha!!

-Sister Lindsay Evans

Photo 1 -  Christmas cookie decorating!!


Photo 2 -  One of those beautiful Hawaiian mornings from my backyard.  





No comments:

Post a Comment