Monday, November 16, 2015

Live in Thanksgiving Daily

Aloha Friends!

Well this week has been crazy to say the least, but I have learned some wonderful lessons.  First the...

Visitors' Center Story of the Week!
When I was on shift this week and just sort of wandering around in the front room of the VC, this group of some 20 young adults walked in and came straight up to me. Whoa!  I learned later that they were all students attending a Christian school in California.  The first one asked why the name of our church is the "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints" and before I knew it I had taught almost every single point of the missionary lessons - The Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, The Plan of Salvation, AND The Gospel of Jesus Christ.  Before they left they said to me, "You have so much life!" and they were so sincere!  One of them even gave me a hug and blessed me which was sort of like a casual prayer.  So nice! Different, yes, than what most Latter-day Saints are used to. But nice! I was genuinely touched. Then, as soon as they came they were gone. I was so spiritually and mentally exhausted after that, that I had to sit down haha. I won't forget about that one any time soon. 

In other news... In my area right now we are working with a lot of recent converts and just visiting students in general.  It is really fun and I love teaching the gospel.  No matter who they are I feel as if it is so easy to love them right away. I am thankful that God helps me to do that. 

Also, this week I was sick.  It started off with a soar throat which progressed into a cold and then a bad headache.  This resulted in a lot of extra sleeping [probably the only time I will get extra sleep on my mission haha] as well as a lot of help from the sisters and a priesthood blessing. Eventually my headache subsided and I am feeling much better. Yay! The wonderful thing about this is that everything happens for a reason and I learned some simple, but powerful lessons. The greatest of all was...

GRATITUDE - "to live with gratitude in our hearts is to touch heaven."
I really love this quote because no matter how easy or difficult our circumstance may be, we can bring ourselves closer to God by being grateful.  Especially in challenging circumstances, gratitude will help us to see how wonderful this great Plan of Happiness truly is.  I can testify that it is wonderful. We just have to open our eyes and see it. 

God truly loves us and I am so thankful for that.  Have a wonderful week everyone!

-Sister Lindsay Evans


Photo 1 - This week I went on exchanges with this wonderful Sister.  Upon tracting houses of a married BYUH student ward we met this Mongolian Sister who kindly invited us into her house. We quickly learned that she only spoke Mongolian.  By hand gestures and pictures we actually learned quite a bit about her.  She is a recent convert and will be going through the temple in December!  We then learned that her whole family was recently converted, including her 92 year old mother! Wow!  We got a picture with her and then asked her to pray before we left.  It's those precious moments with precious people you really appreciate on your mission. And how perfect is it that we got the Mongolian flag in the background?! I love it!



Photo 2 - My companion to the right and her trainee in the back. It's not hard to love these, and all, the Sisters here in Hawaii. 



No comments:

Post a Comment