Monday, November 30, 2015

A Savior is Born!

Aloha Everyone!

I don't have much time, but I will try to pack all the wonderful things that happened this week into this email.  Here we go.

1. Thanksgiving!  It was so much fun!  We spent a few hours in the morning giving service at a small local restaurant named Tita's Grill.  There were many tables set up behind the restaurant and they were all under a big tent because, of course, it poured rain on and off all morning.  We prepared the food and tables to serve the local senior missionaries and the homeless.  There was such a special spirit there and we talked to many people.  We ate too. No worries.
2. Christmas Fireside!  Last night at 6pm we had a Christmas Fireside at the Visitors' Center.  We had testimonies and songs.  My companion and I sang a cool version of What Child is This.  We may not be the perfect performers, but I love that your beliefs can be felt through performance.  That has always been something I have loved. The song O Come Emmanuel was my favorite.  It says, "Rejoice! Rejoice!"  I knew when I heard those simple words that among all the craziness of life and of a mission, God wants me to be happy.  He is cheering me on and wants me to have the peace, joy, and hope of the gospel.
3. An Unexpected Lesson. We taught some young single adults in our ward this week.  There were about 8 of them.  We asked them all why they were grateful for the atonement.  What started with a simple question, turned into an amazing experience.  We testified of God's love for each of them.  "God so loved [you] that he sent his only begotten son" [John 3:16].  I am so thankful for Jesus Christ. 
4.  A Miracle.  A man walked into the Visitors' Center this week and after a long tour - previously having heard nothing about the church - accepted the invitation to be baptized.  How amazing is that?!  He came to the Fireside a few days later and loved it.  

The Church has put out a new video called A Savior is Born.  I know that He was born for all of us to save us from sin and from sadness.  Through Him we may have peace, joy, and hope.  I love my Savior, Jesus Christ.  

I love you all!
-Sister Lindsay Evans

Find the new video - A Savior is Born - at christmas.mormon.org


Photo 1 - The Fireside.  It was a full house. 



Photo 2 - Thanksgiving Service!


Photo 3 - I love working with families.  Especially with kids who give my their precious stickers.  [They are now on the back of my tag]


No comments:

Post a Comment