Monday, October 19, 2015

We Shall See Him As He Is

Aloha Everyone!  You know everyone has the "best mission"... but I am in Hawaii and I am convinced it doesn't get any better than this for me. I love it here. 

Monday Fun Facts!
-Our Area Books [where we keep a record of our missionary service] are three ring binders and they are actually get really rusty because we live on the beach. 
-There was a guy who we are teaching who said a prayer for us this week and compared us to "baseball fans for God".  Haha. I love people. 

This week was absolutely amazing. We went to the temple, for one.  For two, I matched with my companion twice on accident. Also! On a more spiritual level we are teaching this guy over the phone. We'll call him...

Jared.
Jared is someone that we actually met on chat from mormon.org.  He was in a rough place and has been in and out of rough patches in his life and all along has been seeking peace from this crazy world. When we started teaching him over the phone was was very receptive and thankful for our friendship.  He also just loved our teachings.  He is still learning and wants to be baptized eventually. He is now a close friend of ours. Genuinely we are all friends and we laugh all the time. 

Zone Conference
This takes place every 3 months. We just had another one this last Friday and I didn't know how big of a blessing it would be. Among other things I was really touched by the principle of CHARITY. Charity is the pure love of Christ.  God commanded that we love God and we love our fellow men. It is so important. "God IS love." [1 John 4:8].  

Moroni 7:48 - "Wherefore, my beloved brethren, pray unto the Father with all the energy of heart, that ye may be filled with this love, which he hath bestowed upon all who are true followers of his Son, Jesus Christ; that ye may become the sons of God; that when he shall appear we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is."

I was overwhelmed by the love that He has for me and determined to pray with all the energy of my heart for a greater love for my fellow brothers and sisters.  I would invite you to do the same. I can promise that if you do so, when you see Him again, you will not just recognize who He is. You will KNOW Him.  Because in some small way, and by His grace, you will be like Him. 
Keep Loving! Love you all,
Sister Lindsay Evans



Photo 1 - This is Sister Wakazono. She is so cute and she loved that I was "so elf" that day. Very loving and funny Sister. 



Photo 2 - Missions can be stressful. I say - When in doubt, hike it out. 



No comments:

Post a Comment