Monday, October 26, 2015

We Are Winning!

This week I heard a description of those coming and leaving a mission. Those coming look bright eyed and ready to go. Those leaving look like they just came back from war.  That made me laugh because every night that I come home to sit down and plan I feel like a just came back from the days battle.  Still I am not discouraged because no matter how tired I am or how many things may have gone wrong that day I feel like I am in a war and I am on the winning side.  God's side. This is often how I think of my mission.

This week we have been testifying a lot about the Restoration. I love it!!  We have been doing quick visits with the members and don't have much time to elaborate on the story and yet it brings in the spirit every time.  Many we have encouraged to start where they are and finish reading the Book of Mormon and when they finish to pray or pray again to know if it is true. Then after that we committed them to sharing that testimony with someone who needs it.  Will you all do this? You readers?? ... Great!  It will bless your life because true happiness comes in making others happy.  

Also we taught a wonderful family this week [mostly the father], many of which are not members of the church.  The second we got to know them I could feel Christ's love for that family and I feel so blessed to have gained a few new friends in the Lord as well as have been able to testify to them of this wonderful gospel restored in these last days. We also shared this with another kind and happy, hardworking sister who is not a member in our other ward.  I just really love these people. 

Other than that we have been working hard and I love my mission more every single day that I serve here.  I already feel like a new person with a greater understanding of God and His wonderful Plan of Happiness for us. I feel so blessed to be a part of this "war" in which I know I can have hope for a wonderful outcome. 

God truly loves His children and I know that these things I am preaching are part of a miraculous restored gospel.
I love you all! Keep serving, reading, and praying!

-Sister Lindsay Evans



Photo 1 - First pumpkin pie of the season!


Photo 2 - Have you ever had to get your car fixed in Kaneohe and stopped for a bite at Teddy's Bigger Burgers??  If not, we would highly recommend it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment