Monday, October 5, 2015

Simple Is Beautiful

Hi Everyone! General Conference was AMAZING right?  I don't have much time to read emails, but I would love to hear everyone's favorite one-liners from it. We got up at 6am to watch it live here in Hawaii. Early, but worth it.

There were so many things I got from General Conference that it would be impossible to write them all in the time I have, but I will share one thing that I learned and loved...

"Living the Gospel doesn't need to be complicated."  Sometimes the doctrines of the gospel can seem complex and crazy. The beautiful part about the gospel is that there is always more to learn, BUT it is simple enough that even a child can understand.  Keeping it simple can help us to realize how wonderful and beautiful the Plan of Salvation really is.  I have a testimony of simple truths.
God lives. He loves His children. Our families can be together forever. Jesus Christ is my Savior and yours. Jesus Christ's church has been restored to the earth today. We can return to live with God again through Him.  THAT is amazing.

I love you all! Thank you for the prayers and support!
Also, training is a challenge, but amazing and my area is prospering. YAY!

-Sister Lindsay Evans

Photo 1 - Sister Weygandt and I at our General Conference Breakfast. The more I get to know her the more I realize that she is more similar to me in a lot of ways than anyone I have ever met. Same dorky sense of humor. We are always laughing.



Photo 2 - One of the ward members had us over for lunch and invited her 2 friends. Notice the table settings and the fridge. What a blessing to have lunch with these 3 lovely ladies. So precious and sweet!


Photo 3 - I feel like I finally became a real missionary. Riding bikes here is a little sketchy because of the roads, but the exercise and the nice ocean breeze is pretty great.


No comments:

Post a Comment