Monday, September 7, 2015

Is It Still Wonderful To You?

This week was awesome, but before I get going on my experiences I have a couple shout outs...

1. My cousin Kayla!! She is engaged! I couldn't be happier for both you, Kayla and Blake. You're perfect! I love you! :)
2. My Mom! She is one of the most selfless people I know and has so much compassion for those around her. Love you, Mom!

Laundry
So this week I learned yet another powerful lesson. Sometimes our daily tasks can seem so mundane - work, vacuuming, reading the scriptures, etc. - but a lady in my ward Relief Society helped change my perspective...
Our lesson in church was entitled, "Is It Still Wonderful to You?" One lady shared her experience of doing laundry.  She would always think to herself, "Really? Again? Another load?" until one day the thought occurred to her "I want to do laundry." Why? "I don't want to smell and I don't want my kids to be the smelly kids at school". It's as simple as that. She realized she wanted to do do it.
I attend 5 hours of church minimum every week and often times we don't see success as missionaries. I could get frustrated, but why would I?  No matter the situation, I want to be here on a mission giving people the opportunity to hear the gospel.
What can YOU realize that want to do? Prayer? Church meetings?
Always remember the question, "Is the gospel still wonderful to you?"
This is the gospel of Jesus Christ. He is our Savior and Redeemer. God is our Father.  I mean, this is really amazing. This is the way to happiness.God is aware of every one of us. Let us do our best to be aware of Him.

Quick Spiritual Food for Thought...
- "I want to do everything I can and be content with the fact that I can't do everything."  Do your best and rely on the Lord.
- Our trials teach us how to have compassion.
- "Over times our daily decisions will bundle together and show clearly what we value."

I love you all!

- Sister Lindsay Evans

Photo 1 - After I put my hand this close to the bug I found in my house, I was informed that it was a poisonous centipede and that the poison comes from those scary back legs.  I also learned that if you squish it then the smell will attract more! We sprayed it with ant spray and left it under a clear container for a few days. It didn't totally die so we eventually killed it in bleach.



Photo 2 - This photo was taken shortly after a painting service project for the stake president.  I seriously LOVE this family and these missionaries and service!  They were kind enough to also allow us to join in their tradition of waffles on Saturday. All I could think was, "This is home away from home. These people are my mission family."



Photo 3 - "Do you guys want to take some mangoes home with you?" is a common question among the member here in Laie. Of course we want to take mangoes home! So grateful for their generosity and tropical fruit!




No comments:

Post a Comment