Monday, August 24, 2015

This is Good News!

So this week in Hawaii has been RAINY. SO rainy and hot. It's pretty great actually because I feel like I am truly living on a tropical island.

So Visitor Centers need a little more appreciation. I mean, they are awesome! Fun Fact -  we get about 3,000 visitors per week! This is the second busiest VC [first being Temple Square] and people just love it. It introduces so many people to the gospel and gives them such a wonderful opportunity to feel the spirit.

Tongan Family
This week we did a lot of member visits and got to have dinner with a Tongan Family. When we walked yesterday in they were playing the ukulele and singing hymns. So cool. Then we ate dinner and one of the kids says to me, "Don't worry about being polite. This is a Tongan house." Something about it made me feel right at home. They had no worries! The casual, family-centered, loving nature of the home was refreshing. They served us Faikakai for dessert - flour dumplings baked in coconut milk and sugar. I love Polynesians.

Hearts That Are Prepared
We also met a lady this week who was SO prepared to hear the gospel. We gave her a Book of Mormon before she left the VC and she said, "I have been waiting for this!"  So wonderful

Spiritual Thought...
The same lady who we gave the Book of Mormon also said something SO interesting. She said, "My hairdresser is Mormon. I have known her for a few years. Thanksgiving rolled around, then Christmas, and she never gave me a Book of Mormon!" No need to be afraid to share this gospel. It's wonderful! It's GOOD NEWS! Great news! It is the greatest thing we have!

Love you all! Share goodness this week!

Sister Lindsay Evans

Photo 1 - A beautiful, windy, COOL, P-day.  We left the windows to our car cracked open last night and it rained all night. It even created a nice puddle in the cup holders! Impressive!




Photo 2 - Even 7 seconds in the rain will soak you. We just laugh and laugh. It is so much fun.


Photo 3 - Eighteen months in Hawaii and I will never be used to this beauty of this place.



No comments:

Post a Comment