Monday, July 13, 2015

He Lives!

Aloha everyone!

Just thought I would let you all know that I ate lunch with a bunch of sisters on a lawn right next to the beach in the middle of all these trees with a nice breeze coming in off the water.... It's been a rough P-day.

Haha. In all seriousness, Hawaii has all the challenges of any other mission and is pushing me to learn and grow in a lot of ways. The weather is a blessing though. (:

This last week has been so great. Tiring, challenging, even disappointing and frustrating at times, but great. I think I'm starting to lose that "deer-in-the-headlights" look and I'm getting to know the people here. Most are members of the church, but even members need strengthening. They prepare dinner for us most night and are very kind. Sharing short messages is fun an so inspiring. They strength in the gospel and as people in general is so powerful.

I had the opportunity to go the the Polynesian Cultural Center this week and watch the night show. It's all about families and has really entertaining Polynesian music and dancing to go along with it.

My companion and are getting along really well and we end up laughing a lot. She's a super cool person. Always happy and excited too! All 4 feet / 10 inches of her. It cracks me up. 

How the Visitor's center? It's great! When we are having a slow day we watch videos and get to know the resources there. They are so wonderful. We taught a lot of member families this week. Also after a week with no knew investigators we had some high-school seniors come in. They went to a baptist school, and didn't view God as being active in our lives today. Because of this, we got to share with them some of the most hopeful news  - He Lives! He lives and is totally aware of every single one of us, whatever our circumstance. He loves us and wants us to return to him. We showed them this video... https://www.lds.org/youth/video/because-of-him?lang=eng
They were very interested. After they left, they actually all came back in a few minutes later asking for copies of the Book of Mormon. So cool! I love missionary work!

Anyway... spiritual thought...
Some of the most hopeful words ever spoken [in my opinion] are these...
Luke 2:11 - "For unto you is born this day in the city of David aSaviour, which is Christ the Lord."
and
Matthew 28:6 - "He is not here: for he is risen."

Why does He live for YOU?

I hope you are all doing wonderfully! 

Much love,
Sister Lindsay Evans

Photo 1 - A little friend I found on my bedroom floor. So cute! My companion thought he was gross though... 


Photo 2 - The sunsets are short here, but wow.... they are always beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment