Friday, June 19, 2015

Week 2 MTC

This week was so wonderful! Not easy all the time, but still wonderful.

Okay, so a word about the district of missionaries that I am with... They are so ridiculous. We are always saying that we probably have more fun than any other district has had at the MTC.  If this statement is false, we are definitely a close second. The Elders are hilarious and every once in a while [maybe more often than that] as us sisters are falling asleep, something - who know's what! - will get us laughing and we CANNOT stop no matter how hard we try. It's only lasts 15 minutes or so and then we are good.

Funny story -
Last night I started coughing after I was laughing. A sister asked why and I said it was from laughing and having phlegm in my throat [I know... gross]. But then she says - I kid you not - "Isn't that a Mexican dessert?"   [flan....] being from CA and being well versed in Mexican food, I started laughing so hard that I couldn't breathe! Anyway, thought you [especially the Californians] might enjoy that.

I could share a lot, but I will stick to 1 or 2 short stories.

First story...

There was one point this week that I did not want to work. We do the same thing every day and sometimes there are thing that you just don't want to do. My message?? If it's a good thing - man up! woman up! elder up! sister up! Just do it! It will bless your life more than you know [or want to believe in the moment]. True humility, acceptance, and surrender - especially to God - are things that we all need to develop. 
"Try a little harder to be a little better." - 
I'll quote Elder Connor Lee as well - "Work hard. Play Hard. Because if it's not hard, it's not worth it."

^That's the truth brothers and sisters.

Next story...

We get to teach real investigators here at the MTC [some are members and some are not, but they don't tell us]. My companion and I taught a lady named Sydney. She is a peppy grandma, a wicked knitter [seriously, she's a pro], a gospel and bible scholar, and one of the best friends I have every had the chance of meeting. I LOVE HER. Really. I don't know how to express it in words. 

Sister Walker and I made an instant connection. We have taught her everything. She understands everything and last night we made a sincere effort to help her to feel the spirit. It is in fact real, recognizable, and powerful. Much of what we talked with her about was informational, but we really invited her to she if she felt something new through what we were saying. We read her the story of Joseph Smith [for the 2nd time] in Joseph Smith History. She didn't say anything, but her eyes... (: Her eyes lit up. There is no way to describe it really, so I will leave it at that. 

At the end of the lesson she asked us where we were headed ... Hawaii... and gave us her email so that we could all keep in touch. [These investigators are not required to do this, she just liked us haha]. She told us she would reply, joked around with us some more [she is super funny and likes to say "Cool!" with a big smile], then we were on our merry way. 

Us missionaries here [and everywhere] are in the Lord's army! How cool it that! My heart was so full of love for everything and everyone for the rest of the night. Same with sister Walker. We said a prayer of thanks. It's only by God's grace that that this is all possible. 

I know I am supposed to be here. I love you all sincerely, and pray for you.
The challenges are what make the good times so worth it. 

Mahalo and Aloha,

Sister Lindsay Evans


No comments:

Post a Comment