Friday, June 12, 2015

MTC - The Growth Zone

Aloha everyone!

How are you?! I would love to hear :)

Where do I begin... the MTC [Missionary Training Center] is amazing! The best way to sum it up is the quote, "There is no comfort in the growth zone and no growth in the comfort zone," along with the fact that growing [while it's hard] makes you so happy. 

The first day that I got here I picked up all my stuff - my missionary name tag, my books, room key, yada yada... It was all a blur because you have no idea where you are or where you are going. After watching the cheesy introduction videos they make you watch I finally ended up in my class [5th floor, no elevators, 72 stairs] and got to meet my district and my companion. My companion's name is Sister Walker! I contacted her through Facebook before I came and she is the sweetest girl on earth.  We are already great friends. She is so focused on her purpose and is naturally kind to others. She reaches out without thinking and I really admire that. The rest of my district is almost as wonderful as her! Both the Elders and Sister are so funny and dedicated to missionary work. There are 12 in our district [which I guess is a large amount...]. Our Zone has 12 more missionaries that are also pretty cool [but not quite as cool as the district I was placed with]. (: One word to describe them would be cheery. I love it. 

Our branch president talked to all 24 of us last night. Fun fact - he has the entire standard works [Bible, Book of Mormon, D&C, and Pearl of Great Price] memorized! He even knows where it is on the page! Brother Greiner [my previous mission prep teacher] has some competition haha.

So what have I done for 2.5 days you ask?  Class, workshop, eat, class, workshop, sleep, plan, class, gym, class... And more prayers than I can count. 

For some workshops here they hire members of our church and some who are not members to role play as church investigators for us. We teach them in workshops and just as 2 companions [I have not had that opportunity yet].  Also they don't tell you if they are members or not so be prepared and do your best! You never know!  You also teach your teachers who pretend to be investigators. I will be doing that tomorrow. We will be teaching "Audrey" about God's love for her and the happiness that is found in living the gospel of Jesus Christ. Whether she is a real investigator or not, I am so excited to testify of God's love for her, that he is her loving Father in Heaven. We are teaching from the Book of Mormon as well. How can you not be excited about that?! Our district is focusing on it. It truly is the word of God. Read it. Keep Reading it. God will make it known to you that the words are His words. Can't hurt right? 

 It is so fun preparing lessons - especially with Sister Walker. She focuses on the person and their needs which I love. 

I have taken so many notes, it's crazy. LOVE the classes her. The beauty is in the basics and that is exactly what we are teaching.

I'll be here for 3 weeks. Last week is Visitor Center training. I heard we will get more VC Sisters soon. Can't wait!

Anyway, the food isn't bad, I'm sleeping fine, it's really hard, but also great. I think if I were to come home today people would notice something a little different. The Lord is working through me a lot. Helping me be a better person. Helping me love. Helping me schedule [I was not a fan at first, but it's okaayyy now.. love/hate relationship, but I know it's necessary and mostly love it]. He is also helping me know that He loves me as an individual and is proud of me. And all of His children!

Anyway, no need to worry about me! I love it here! It's so hard and I can't believe I haven't taken the opportunity to challenge myself in this way or others so much before! It's awesome!

Love you all! Aloooha!

Sister Evans




​Photo 1 - Sister Walker [so sweet] and MY Purpose --> Invite other to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His atonement, baptism, repentance, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end. 


​Photo 2 - My district sisters! We already love each other. Can you tell?

No comments:

Post a Comment